My Music Video

My Website

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog Post 11: My Practice Shoot/Edit

Shooting and editing together a practice/test version of the ads on my phone allowed me to see my adverts with live action visuals, blocking and camera movement and therefore helped me to decide whether or not I'd like to change anything, in case it didn't turn out how I planned it in the storyboard.


(Note: Due to the unavailability of cast members, I had to use finger puppets to represent the missing zombie characters)


After seeing these test shoots and discussing with the class and my teacher, I decided to implement the following changes:

Advert 1:
- Add shots at the end of the running sequence to connote that it was all in the protagonist's head.
- As a result of the above change, all the shots have to be pacier and snappier to fit the runtime.
- Have the protagonist run across all four shops instead of stopping for breath at the third shop.

Advert 2:
- Change the "diet" food to sushi instead of Pizza
- Change cast to all-male Sports Junkies (UK Tribes research)
- Make the gearing up montage more dynamic
- Add goals and a football to the mise-en-scene to connote backstory (playing football)

The practice shoot was beneficial to me as it gave me experience filming in the locations and working with the actors. Therefore for the main shoot, I can be more efficient with timings and confident in my directing.

No comments:

Post a Comment