My Music Video

My Website

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog Post 8: My Initial Proposal

I started off thinking of ideas for my adverts by first deciding on a USP. I settled on choice as the selling point and the main driver of both adverts, influenced by Just Eat's "Magic is Real" advert and its element of choice along a high street. I then came up with a slogan accordingly; I wanted something short and catchy and ended up "Your Food. Your Choice." I then decided I'd like both adverts to be intertextual with iconic British films, namely Trainspotting and Shaun of the Dead, the latter of which is directed by British director Edgar Wright; I took inspiration from the montage of a delivery driver gearing up in the "Just Eat Delivery Intro 2016", and included an Edgar Wright-esque montage in my advert, of my delivery cyclist as he gears up and goes. This intertextuality and generic hybridity would make my product appeal to fans of those films, who will gain satisfaction from noticing the intertextuality of the adverts. I also wanted the adverts to have a youthful and regional brand identity - adhering to the brief - so both feature teens and are set in North London, Walthamstow in particular. Each advert will be exactly 30 seconds in length and the content will be suitable for broadcast on Channel 4.

My Finished Initial Proposal
This benefited me, as having the initial proposal in this concise, simple format, I could easily tell what the story of both adverts are and imagine how they would play out. It also provided a framework for all the planning to come, and the simple format allowed for my peers to quickly get an idea of my adverts and thus they would be able to critique them.

No comments:

Post a Comment