My Music Video

My Website

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog Post 6: Research Into Existing TV Commercials (Other Genres)

Researching existing TV commercials from genres other than food delivery gave me a broader understanding of TV advertising in general. I wanted to see what genre and representation techniques are effective for conveying certain messages, which in turn I might like to try in my own adverts. 


Car Adverts
Shots such as this are seen throughout many car commercials. Dynamic, low angle, tracking shots that show off the speed and power of the car.

McDonald's Adverts
Heartwarming stories big on emotional appeal. Stories often have a "slice of life" sensibility to them, swiftly establishing characters and backstory; characters that feel incomplete in some way; That is, until they go to McDonald's and subsequently form a bond - The message is clear: McDonald's brings people together.

Exploring these different techniques in storytelling has been very helpful in creating my own adverts. I figured I could use the dynamic editing and camerawork of car adverts to show the speedy delivery and the idea that food brings people together I felt was a strong emotional and relatable way to appeal to youth audiences.


Sources Used:

-YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment