My Music Video

My Website

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog Post 12: My Location Reccie, Risk Assessment and Location Permissions


Doing a location reccie was essential, as I had to know the space I intend to film at, so I could plan where to place the tripod for the camera and how to block the actors. Having been at the location I'd also be aware of the risks and possible causes of complication, which I have listed clearly in a Risk Assessment, that I briefed all my actors and crew on at the beginning of a shoot. Getting signed permissions for the locations meant that we were respectful and polite to the owners of the houses we'd be filming at, letting them know who and at what times we will be there. The locations I used were:

Living Room, 24 Church Hill Road, Walthamstow
A large and fairly spacious living room, three sofas around a central coffee table, with a TV and fireplace on the far side and doorway on the near side leading to hallway. In order to make space for the camera, we would have to shift the coffee table further from the fireplace.

Kitchen, 24 Church Hill Road, Walthamstow
Separated by a small threshold to the dining room, where the camera can be placed looking into the kitchen. The main focus is the fridge on the left wall.

Hoe Street, Walthamstow
High street with a lot of independent restaurants and takeaways, place camera and tripod across the road - the pavement is narrow so care must be taken when filming.

Walthamstow Stadium
Famous Walthamstow location. Wide pavement and cycle path, usually a quiet street.

Back Garden, 110 Burnham Road, Chingford
Long garden with a stretch of grassy turf, where goals and a football will be placed.







The location reccie, risk assessment and permissions meant we were more organised and safe when on location.

No comments:

Post a Comment