My Music Video

My Website

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog Post 18: My Target Audience Feedback

I got feedback mainly through private messaging on social media. I messaged a few of my friends (aged 16-17) through Instagram, 2 male and 2 female, the day after the adverts were uploaded to Youtube.
The responses I got were largely positive, with many people commenting on how they liked the fast-paced editing, the acting, the camerawork and the humour. Some people felt the intertextuality should have been made clearer and a few people noted the inconsistent colour grading of Advert 2 (owing partly to the temperamental weather). It was also pointed out to me that there was a continuity error in Advert 2, where the YourFood logo on the cyclist's bag is not on the bag in the shot where he cycles across the screen.
Here is an example of a feedback session (with a 16 year old male):

In future, I will try and choose locations and times where weather conditions are more stable, and in post, I shall spend more time on colour grading to create a consistent look. I would also work more on sound mixing and pay greater attention to continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment