My Music Video

My Website

Friday, December 14, 2018

Blog Post 7: Research Into Existing TV Commercials In Other Forms (e.g. Online, Print, Billboard)

This research further expanded my horizons on advertising, and by researching other forms of advertising, I got an idea of how big overarching aspects such as branding, logo and colour scheme are depicted, as well as more ideas on how representation is used.

London Buses
Certainly very in-your-face, but Chiquitita's London buses cleverly utilise advertising by making their logo and banana yellow to create a bright, colourful design or 'skin' for buses. This made me think about integrating my logo into different designs and the importance of finding a good colour scheme.

Fragrance Print Ads
A lot of male fragrance ads sell a similar idea - that if you wear this perfume, you will get ladies. Therefore there are often women in the focal image, looking longingly at the male, while they look straight into the camera, connoting their confidence and pride. Another ad shows a young man at a party surrounded by women, looking into the camera knowingly while he is enjoying himself.

Conducting this research has made me realise that a strong sense of colour is extremely helpful in branding and connoting brand values, something I will keep in mind when designing the logo. I also plan to subvert the trope of the alpha male at a party surrounded by women in one of my adverts. Instead, I plan to have a female protagonist looking into the camera while she mingles with her group of multicultural and mixed gender friends.



Sources Used:

-Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment